Sunday, January 4, 2009

So. It is 2009.

It was really hard to say goodbye to 2008, as it was an amazing year. It was full of all of the "firsts" we had desperately longed for after we lost Curtis. I was lucky enough to be home with Claudia full time until August. And when I had to go back to work, it was still on a part time basis.

We, quite frankly, have had a blast. I know there are a lot of first to come with her. But...like Craig says "2006 was our sad year. 2007 was our stressful year. 2008 is our happy year."

And it was. That is not to say 2009 won't be happy, but it was a year straight of just getting to focus on the 3 of us and attempting that happiness thing. I know there will be some things in 2009 that will add a lot onto our shoulders. So saying goodbye to 2008 was very bittersweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the fact that you and Craig aren't trying to FORGET 2006 and 2007 is what helps you to be happier in 2008 and beyond. I am soooooooo looking forward to 2009 as well.

Happy New Year!

Hope's Mama said...

i know for me, i wont ever forget 2008 as really, it was still the happiest year of my life. for those first 8 months. i'm not sure i'll ever feel such a complete happiness again. i can only hope happiness comes again, but i don't think it will be the same of complete happiness i had when I carried Hope. Because any future happiness will always be tinged with my sadness.
Happy New Year to you. May your 2009 be filled with many smiles.
Sally