Friday, May 25, 2012

Our Video

Curtis' 6th Birthday is approaching.....rapidly. Once again, this month I have struggled with. I swear each year it won't happen and each year it does. While I am looking forward to our little family celebration and trip, I desperately want it to be June. I know it is just a date and dates can't hurt me.... but mentally it is rough.

Last year at this time, Craig and I filmed a home documentary about what it was like to lose a baby. It is Curtis' story. I hope one day to share it with Cole and Claudia so they can truly know what we lost... and how truly wanted they were and our love for them is as deep as it gets.

Last fall I shared these videos with those who donated to the walk, this year, I am opening it up to everyone. It is a little like having your heart ripped open and left out for random people on the internet to stomp on but maybe it could help someone out there.

The bad thing is, we couldn't upload more than 10 minutes at a time, so it is broken down to  six 10 segments.

I hope you will watch.

Links to Curtis video:









7 comments:

Abby said...

It was an absolute privilege to watch your documentary, thank you so much for sharing xx

Hope's Mama said...

Watching now. I'm so moved, thank you for doing this. As you know, you were the first one I found, so this feel extra special to me.

xo
(You won't believe this, but HOPE is part of the word verification below!!)

Sara said...

Your documentary is beautiful... Thank you so much for being willing to share it... It brought up so many feelings for me... Almost 3 1/2 years out of the stillbirth of our son Samuel it still feels fresh sometimes... Praying you found a special way to celebrate Curtis' birthday this year... Thinking of you!

loribeth said...

I still need to block out some time to watch this, but I think it's amazing that you did it! (((hugs)))

deann said...

Our second baby was just born still a week and a half ago. Our pregnancy and birth story closely mirror yours, I went into my 40 week appointment and was told there was no longer a heartbeat. We wanted our sweet boy so badly but that's not the way it turned out.
Thankyou for showing me what our feelings might be like in one or two or five years from now, and to know all of our feelings from sadness to anger to being proud of him are normal.
Thank you

Norah's Mommy said...

It is uncanny how many similarities there are in our stories. Thank you so, so much for making this video. It is comforting to know we aren't the only ones who experienced this, and that all the feelings and thoughts we had and still have are normal. You are an amazing couple, and exceptional parents. Love and light to all five of you. <3

Sara said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I couldn't watch all the videos yet. It's been almost a year since I lost my daughter, and hearing you tell your story brings me right back.
I wrote you an e-mail but the address on your blog is not valid.